Monday, February 20, 2012

Vampire Weekend "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa"

I'm on vacation this week, so I'm keeping the posts brief (but hopefully still interesting).

Occasionally, there is some specious reasoning that goes into why I might want to add a song.

A few months ago, while rooting around for older songs that would sound good to add to the mvy library, we pulled out Nickel Creek's "Lighthouse's Tale."

We have several lighthouse songs in rotation. It's geographically appropriate.

So when I remembered that Vampire Weekend had a really great song called "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" I thought we should go back and revisit it. Because it's geographically appropriate.

It IS now in our library.

But really, does it have anything to do with Cape Cod?

(Read the lyrics)


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment