Saturday, January 12, 2013

Jill Sobule "I Kissed A Girl"

Here's another Weekend Post:

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was in a fairly religious spot in the country in the late 90s.  But being an outlier on the dial meant playing songs that folks weren't going to hear anywhere else.

I can remember when this Jill Sobule song came out, I'd occasionally get calls from a Mom who let me know her kids listened to our station.

"I want you to know that I am praying every day, that you will stop playing this song."


Hear the song on Youtube.

Weekend posts are a chance to revisit songs that have happy memories, not of anything in particular, other than just hearing the tunes.

Many of these songs were tracks that I played during my 90s stint as an Alternative/Modern Rock radio show.  They're tunes that I hardly hear these days, but are wonderful to revisit.

Click on the "Weekend Posts" label below, to see other posts like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment