Monday, January 7, 2013

Bahamas "Caught Me Thinking"

When we get to the end of the year and the flow of incoming music slows to a crawl, that's when I look at songs we've passed over during the course of the year, and we add something that was maybe a personal favorite, or a bit of a stretch, or just a simple mistakenly forgotten cut, and put it in rotation.

This year, I have to say, I didn't really have a pet song at the end of 2012.  There was nothing floating around that made me say, "Oh man, we missed out on that one."

But two reliable sources convinced me that we should look at Bahamas again.

One is Jess Phaneuf, who has been talking about the Bahamas album for months, and wrote about it a few times on her blog.

The other is my wife, who looooves it when she finds a great band that I'm not already onto.  We've been listening to this record at the house, and it has won me over.

So hats off to you, my favorite opinionators, you get the end-of-the-year pick!


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment