Friday, January 20, 2012

Bruce Springsteen "We Take Care Of Our Own"

After a couple of quiet months, with barely any new music coming in, this week started a flood of new CDs and tracks. But one caught me off guard.

I got a notification in my email, early Thursday:

"Bruce Springsteen - "We Take Care Of Our Own" Music Delivery"


I knew he had an album on the way, but somehow I missed that the new single was coming in this week.

I downloaded it immediately, and played it 3 times over.

It's fun to discover a song. It's anthem-ic, but what's he getting at? At first it seems like a "Yay! America!" song, but what's with the reference to The Superdome? Is this a Katrina thing?

I'm sure after repeated listens, I'll figure it out what it's about (don't tell me!). But as I was digging into those first few listens, I was struck by how much joy I still get from that initial first blush.

After 20 years in broadcasting, I could be numb to it all. But I'm not. Watching a song unfold before me made me look forward to this long year full of new discoveries ahead.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment