Friday, August 5, 2011

Gene Wilder "Pure Imagination"

Before Thursday, I knew nothing about the artist Dale Chihuly.

Short version: He is a famed glass blower, who's works are of stunning beauty and complexity.

I took the day off yesterday to go into the MFA with my wife and kids, to catch the exhibit before it ends next week.

We were blown away.

My wife and I actually had the same exact reaction---to sing "Pure Imagination."

The installations were so incredible, so fantastical and so beautiful, it really felt like that scene in "Willy Wonka" when the kids are led into the Chocolate Room.

Go if you can. The pictures and video below only scratch the surface of the beauty of this exhibit.





See Gene Wilder sing the original.

Check out the MFA's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment