Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thee Headcoats “By The Hairs On My Chinny Chin Chin”

One of the great pleasures of living here in the future (“The year two thousand teeeeeeeeennnnnn!!!”) is that technology has advanced to the point that you can actual be two people in the exact same time and space.

In the old days, it was hard to be surprised by your own record collection.

I mean, you could blindfold yourself, reach into your stereo cabinet and fish around for an LP, fumble for the needle and be surprised by whatever sounds came out of your speaker.

But for the most part, in the old days, if you wanted to be surprised, you had to listen to someone else picking the music. Hello, FM radio!

Here in the future, I can hit random on my iTunes list and be surprised by one of the 8000+ songs that I---in a different space and time---put there.

There are lots of random tunes for me to surprise myself with. Things I’d forgotten about. Tunes I picked up along the way, but rarely listen to. You simply couldn’t do this, with a record collection.

I have no idea where I picked up this track. I don’t own the album or anything. But what fun to hit random, and have a little old school, pre-future Rock N Rock blast off.

We can also thank to future for this:

No comments:

Post a Comment