Thursday, February 4, 2010

Coldplay “Lost!”

Lost! with an exclamation point!

Every time I've heard this song, over the course of the last 9 months, I’d lament:

I’ve got to wait until February!” with an exclamation point.

Lost, the TV show takes long hiatuses, at least for a broadcast TV show. And it’s a show that asks a lot of questions, leaving too many unanswered, but with a promise that there will be a conclusion. You just have to wait for it.

And wait.

And wait.

And the wait is finally over.

I ran my kid up and down the halls of the house, for an hour on Tuesday late afternoon, to make sure she went straight to bed. Poured myself a drink. Put the snacks on the side table and I watched the Season premiere.

And now I wait. Until next Tuesday.

And every time I hear this song, I’m reminded that the waiting is the hardest part. But that’s another song.





No comments:

Post a Comment