Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Beatles “Norwegian Wood”

Top 5 Songs found in mvyradio’s online auction . . .

Somewhere early-on in my Beatles learnin’ (about the time when I graduated from using my own Mickey Mouse record player to being able to use Dad’s turntable), I remember reading that the big deal about “Norwegian Wood” was that it featured the sitar, and was evidence of the Beatles being influenced by Eastern Philosophy and Indian music.

So can I be forgiven for going a good decade beyond that, not realizing that Norwegians are Scandinavian, not Indian? Why is the song not called “Darjeeling Wood”?


If you want to never falter in your Beatles knowledge, you can bid on the voluminous, exhaustive Beatles biography by Bob Spitz, get it in both hardcover and audiobook form, plus get some rare Beatles t-shirt and McCartney backstage passes from the mvyradio online auction, which ends Friday 2/12 at 1pm ET.



No comments:

Post a Comment