Wednesday, September 4, 2013

10,000 Maniacs "Gun Shy"

Last week I started a series of occasional posts called "Dismissive One Sentence Reviews By Friends."  Because sometimes when you hear a song, all you can think about is that one thing that one person once said.

In my early days at MVY, I also had a part time job at our sister-business MVOL.

In part because we were both owned by the same company, and in part because they were simply fans, the staff at MVOL usually listened to MVY in the office.

Comments about the station---sometimes thoughtful, sometimes off-the-cuff---were frequently shared with me.  And for whatever reason, it's always stuck with me that one day, Heather, who was always a positive light in the MVOL office, said, after 10,000 Maniacs' "Gun Shy":

"She's kinda preachy, huh?"


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment