Thursday, September 5, 2013

Serena Ryder "What I Wouldn't Do"

You know what I said about Serena Ryder's first single, "Stompa"? 

It's a little more mainstream-sounding than we usually go.  But maybe we should go for it ? . ? . ? .

I hemmed and hawed about adding it.

Cut to 6 months later, when it has been one of the most successful tunes on MVY in 2013.

Now, what are my feelings about her 2nd single?

It's a little more mainstream-sounding than we usually go.

I'm wouldn't be inclined to add it, if the first one hadn't done so well.

I can't tell if it's truly not the right sound for MVY, or if I'm off base on this one.

Thoughts?


Hear the song on Youtube.

1 comment:

  1. I Like it -- it sounds similar to KT Tunstall, which mvy plays. Don't think it's too mainstream.

    ReplyDelete