Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jason Isbell "Stockholm"

You know what a good sign is, when it comes to me liking a song?  When I can't choose a lyric.

One of Barbara Dacey's behind the scenes jobs at MVY, is to post the Lyric Of The Day.  You can see it at the top of the main page of our website.

While she's on vacation, I am doing the lyric posting.  I'd had "Stockholm" stuck in my head for a couple of days, and thought I'd grab a lyric from there.

I literally spent 15 minutes trying to narrow it down.  It's a 4 minute song!

But there are so many great lines, and turns of phrases, and descriptions here.  It was hard to pick.

I never disliked Jason Isbell, but I had never had one of his songs grab me and show me his genius until now.

You can see the lyrics here.

And watch the video below to the end?  Letterman is clearly a HUGE fan.


Hear the song on Youtube.


See Isbell on Letterman on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment