Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Civil Wars "The One That Got Away"

I was going to write a bit about how the new Civil Wars track was an "automatic add," meaning we'd play it (almost) no matter what, not unlike the Fleetwood Mac song I wrote about a few weeks back.

Something kinda shocking crossed my mind.

Of course, heritage artists with a major history on MVY are automatic adds.  But it was only 2 1/2 years ago that this unknown band was cycling through my iTunes playlist and I thought they were compelling enough to give them a shot.

But with the story that has unfolded over the last 30 months (success; Grammys; collaborations with Taylor Swift, Emmylou Harris and The Chieftains; an abrupt break up; a surprise 2nd album) has made their new song a Must Listen.

So yes, expect to hear this on MVY.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment