Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Thrift Shop"

If you are my age or older, and if you are an MVY listener, you're not hearing to much rap music in your life.

So from time to time, I do like to point you to songs that are pretty f*****g awesome.

And to prove my point about just how unhip this blog post is, let me point out that this song is months old.  And the way I heard about it is from my wife.  Who is a teacher and learned about it from her 4th graders.

But I do get a kick out of this track because a) it's hilarious, b) it references the sounds (of rap music) that were touchstones for me (late 80s, early 90s), and c) lyrically, it is the exact opposite of what is so uninteresting about current popular rap music, which seems obsessed with success, wealth and image.


Hear the unedited, NSFW version on Youtube.


Hear the unedited, NSFW version with lyrics on the screen on Youtube.


And the clean version, if you happen to be at work, on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment