Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pat Benatar "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"

This one is not unlike last week's Huey Lewis/100th Monkey story . . .

Not only do different kids learn "cool" at different times, they learn about Sex at different times.

I remember listening to this song with my friend Brian, hanging out in my room.  My clock radio was cranked, and I was doing some badass 11-year-old pseudo-karate moves, in effect hitting things with my best shot.

Brian just looked at me and said, "That's not what she's talking about . . ."

She wasn't taking about boxing?  Or even some kind of metaphorical verbal sparring?

Good gracious! I thought.  She's talking about Sex!  **


Is it possible that other songs are about Sex too, and I have been completely unaware?

Long story short:  Yes.  Yes there are.


Hear the song on Youtube.

** Yes, I was the kind of 11 year old who might actually say "Good gracious."  It's no wonder I was late to Sex.  I was also really into Buddy Hackett.

No comments:

Post a Comment