Monday, July 30, 2012

Bon Iver "I Can't Make You Love Me"

Like the sound of thunder arriving long after the lightning flash, I finally got the joke.

Last year, Justin Vernon appeared on late night TV, covering Bonnie Raitt, and I scratched my head.  "That's odd.  What possessed him to do that?"

Sometime this weekend, I finally heard it in my head.

Bon Iver.  Bonnie Raitt.

Bon EE-vare.  Bon EE-rate.

Justin Vernon must've heard that joke more than a few times since naming his band. 

But I just got it.

And it gave me a great idea.

If I ever decided to give up the whole husband-father-DJ-blogger thing, and run away to become a cross-dressing burlesque performer I have an awesome stage name:

Bon Irate.

(I means good anger!)

Bon EE-rate.

Say it in your announcer voice:

"Ladies and Gentleman, welcome her to the stage, Miss Bon Irate!"

I'll give em something to talk about alright.



Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment