Monday, December 16, 2013

The Hold Steady "Killer Parties"

Attention songwriters!

There are Christmas songs about snow and snowmen.  About good presents and bad presents.  About Santa and Rudolph and all kinds of Christmas characters.  Songs about happy Christmases and sad Christmases.  Even songs about Christmas sandwiches.

But to my surprise, there are no songs (that I could find) about office Christmas parties gone wrong.

I mention this, because the mvyradio staff party was last night, and I was looking for a good hangover-office-Christmas-party tune.  And it doesn't seem to exist.

A good song often works because the theme is relate-able.

Well, this theme should resonate, as most of us have gone to a work party and either gotten too drunk, or watched someone in our office get too drunk.

So get on it, songwriters.  This could be your ticket.  Write the right song, and it will get played every December!

In the meantime, here's a song about a non-holiday-affiliated hangover.

"If she said we partied, then I'm pretty sure we partied.  I really don't remember."


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment