Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lianne La Havas "Age"

Monday was the last day that most of the folks I know in Record Promotions will work for 2013.  The trade publications are closed, and no one really works records over the holiday.

That makes it a good time to start cleaning out the iTunes "Going For Adds" playlist that I keep.

I am constantly adding songs to that playlist throughout the year.  I'm adding songs I've been asked to consider for MVY airplay, and I want to be able to listen to them multiple times.  As I decide "this one isn't for us," I delete them off the list.

Some songs hang around longer than others.

And when I get to the end of the year, I always find a song or two that I didn't put onto the station and probably won't, but never deleted because I kinda like them.

Like this one.  La Havas has an interesting voice.  And this song's about about loving a much older man (not unlike one of my favorite Aimee Mann songs, "Mr. Harris").

Maybe it won't be a hit, but maybe you'll add it to your playlist.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment