Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Benny Bell "Shaving Cream"

It had gotten pretty bad.


My friend Amy Vanneman reminded me of the cautionary tale of Thidwick The Big Hearted Moose.  I certainly didn't want anything living in there.

Literally, with 2 outs in the top of the 9th, during Game 6 of the World Series, I went into the bathroom and plugged in my electric razor for the first time in weeks.

I'm not a huge fan of shaving.  I find it to be a messy hassle, a real drag on the morning routine.

Fortunately, I married a woman who likes a bit of facial hair on me, so I'm okay.

In fact, the last time I was clean shaven---shaved with a straight-edge razor---was my wedding day 8 years ago.

Since then, every week or two I use an electric razor to shave down to a 5 o'clock shadow and then let it grow for another week or two.

This was the longest I'd ever let it get.  I was doing it for the Sox---so I said.

But c'mon, I might as well be truthful, if this year's "thing" was to grow a rat-tail or get a Neil Diamond tattoo or walk around with a ferret dressed as Paul Revere, I wasn't likely to do it.

I like the Red Sox.  But I'm a bigger fan of not shaving.

So after the razor was charged up over night, I sheared my face.

And since then I've let it grow, all over again.



Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment