Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tom Petty "Zombie Zoo"

Who's the most Halloween-y Rock Star?

I mean, what musician do you associate with Halloween?

If this were "Family Feud," I'm guessing the survey might say artists like:

Alice Cooper
Marilyn Manson
Bobby Boris Pickett
Michael Jackson
Insane Clown Posse

But there is at least one vote for Tom Petty. From me.

There is an odd number of Halloween references and themes sprinkled throughout Petty's career. How about lyrics like:

"All the vampires walking through the Valley/move west down Ventura Boulevard."

"I got cats and teeth and hair for sale/I'm a lover of the bayou/And there are zombies on your tail/I'm a lover of the bayou."

Petty's got songs like "Zombie Zoo" and "Scare Easy."

And who wasn't creeped-the-fuck out by that Alice In Wonderland video when they cut the cake?

So this Halloween, rethink it. Vincent Price. Elvira. And Tom Petty.



Hear the song on Youtube.


Hear the song on Youtube.


Hear the song on Youtube.


Hear the song on Youtube.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment