Friday, October 21, 2011

Sinead O'Connor "Sacrifice"

I was writing about Elton John yesterday, and I had a little laugh remembering this.

I love reading liner notes (go ahead and say it: "NERD!").

And while I love the thoughtful essay, or the fine production detail, one of my all-time favorite liner quotes is from Sinead O'Connor.

She was part of "Two Rooms: Celebrating The Songs Of Elton John and Bernie Taupin," and was one of several famous musicians who covered classic songs.

In the liner notes, each artist wrote a few words about what Elton and Bernie's music means to them. Effusive stuff like "Elton inspired me to play the piano," "I remember the first time I heard this song," and "I love them dearly."

But it was Sinead O'Connor's pithy line that really made me laugh out loud:

"I can't believe no-one did 'Candle In The Wind.'"

Snarky, dismissive and succinct.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment