Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fleet Foxes "Lorelai"

Ultimately, there is no way to be objective.

I try really, really hard, but I'm not made of stone.

I don't know that the Fleet Foxes record "Helplessness Blues" will be the top album of the year on mvyradio.

But if you were to listen to me or to Barbara or to Jess talk about it on the air, you wouldn't be blamed for thinking it was the number one album of 2011.

I can't totally explain why either.

But I know it's real.

I have my playlist of songs that we are considering adding to the station's rotation. And the new Fleet Foxes song "Lorelai" is on that list.

I had some ear buds in doing some writing and letting the iTunes list role.

"Lorelai" came up, and my eyes filled up with tears.

To be caught off-guard, even though I've heard the song before . . . it was just so beautiful . . .

How can we not play it? Hopefully it moves you as much as it does me.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment