Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Justin Bieber "Never Say Never"

This week's guest blogger, Tanya Primo-Jones, is writing about songs that exemplify what she calls The Primo Spirit.

I know you’re going to laugh when I give you today’s song but bear with me. This next artist is the cutest little thing to walk (or should I say dance) the stage since...I don’t know when. Someday I’m going to marry him...haha, me and about a gagillion other screaming 9-12 year old girls: Justin Beiber. I admit I didn’t give the Beib much attention until I was forced to see his movie. The movie tickets I pre-purchased were about to expire and his movie “Never Say Never” was the only thing playing. My husband and I and my 2 ten year old sons went, and to our surprise we loved the movie and found a whole new respect for the boy. We think (although the other 3 would never admit it) Justin is the bomb!

The 3-D documentary of his journey to stardom showed me that the Bieb exemplifies the Primo spirit. From a very young age he found that place inside of him that made him want to work hard, persevere, believe in himself and win. He would get down at times but he never gave up. Based on the beginning of the song “Never Say Never” I don’t think he always thought he would be as big a star as he has become, but he worked hard and always did his absolute best and things started to unfold for him. Like a switch going on he sees and feels his destiny and nothing can stop him from getting there.

See I never thought that I could walk through fire.
I never thought that I could take the burn.
I never had the strength to take it higher,
Until I reached the point of no return.

And there's just no turning back,
When your hearts under attack,
Gonna give everything I have,
It's my destiny.

I will never say never! (I will fight)
I will fight till forever! (make it right)
Whenever you knock me down,
I will not stay on the ground.

I never thought I could feel this power.
I never thought that I could feel this free.
I'm strong enough to climb the highest tower.
And I'm fast enough to run across the sea.

And there's just no turning back,
When your hearts under attack,
Gonna give everything I have,
Cause this is my destiny.

Like JB, my heart is under attack--I feel a burning desire to share Primo and use him to do ‘good’ in the world. I never thought I could “walk through fire,” I never thought I could “take the burn,” I never thought I had “the strength to take it higher” ...but then I just kept plugging along...working hard, sometimes I didn’t even know what I was working hard towards, then I hit a point of no return--now there’s just no turning back, cause my heart’s under attack, gonna give everything I have, cause “I can see clearly now, the rain is gone” (oops, wrong song), cause...this is my destiny!

Our destiny is often a mystery but just keep working hard, keep believing, keep praying, know you have a purpose and keep your mind open to all possibilities. When opportunity knocks, open the door, it may be uncomfortable, you may have to face your fears, but I encourage you to walk through.

TODAY : NEVER SAY NEVER ….great things await!




Find out more about Tanya Primo-Jones and the Primo Spirit at Find Your Primo and In Search Of Primo.

No comments:

Post a Comment