Friday, April 8, 2011

Bill Conti "Gonna Fly Now"

This week's guest blogger, Tanya Primo-Jones, is writing about songs that exemplify what she calls The Primo Spirit.

Did I mention that I was a country music junky? It’s true. I’m kinda surprised a country song didn’t make the cut. I have plenty of songs from Sugarland, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, and Kid Rock (his newer stuff) that motivates me to live a fun, care free life, to seize the moment and make the most of what I’ve been given, but maybe country music is too laid back to make THIS list. I guess I personally equate those things to more of a Zen thing than really winning and achieving personal greatness.

“And now, the end is here and so I face the final curtain...”

I’ve had so much fun as the guest blogger this week I can’t believe it’s already Friday and we are on our last song!!

This is the ultimate “winner” song. When you hear it you don’t want to waste time, you just want to get up and go, you want to live life to the fullest, you want to be the ultimate champion!

I have awesome memories of this song. When I was a kid we went skiing most weekends with our cousins and friends and my Dad would crank this song on the record player (haha…yes, record player) at the crack of dawn to get a house full of people awake, out of bed and onto the slopes. It worked every time! And we were all pumped up to get moving!

You’re dying to know, right?

Here’s a hint...

Put your sneakers on, you’ll wanna go for a run
With a hook like that you don’t need a gun
Didn’t take him long to find his Primo Spirit
“To my wife at home, yo Adrian….I Did It!”

You got it…The Theme song to ROCKY. "Flying High Now" by Bill Conti.

“Trying hard now, it’s so hard now, trying hard now. Getting strong now, won’t be long now, getting strong now, Gonna fly now.”



This video saved my life…thx! -- Comment on Youtube

Hey Rocky, never Lose Yourself man! You’re a fighter and a survivor! You’ll win some and you lose some ‘cause, That’s Life! I know you’ll never say never because you have a Heart of a Champion...You’re a winner! You must be Flying High Now!

TODAY: Find your inner strength, embrace your challenges, work hard, persevere and BELIEVE!

Find out more about Tanya Primo-Jones and the Primo Spirit at Find Your Primo and In Search Of Primo.

2 comments:

  1. Tanya - it was great reading your inspirational words every day this past week. And you're right, this song makes me want to go out and take on the world, which is not a bad thing.

    Thanks - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff!! That means a lot! I know I need my Primo on life's ride.... I love to share it with others :-)

    ReplyDelete