Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eminem "Lose Yourself"

This week's guest blogger, Tanya Primo-Jones, is writing about songs that exemplify what she calls The Primo Spirit.

LOL...I know your laughing too at the extremes I’ve chosen. I warned you that despite the genre, the era, the target market, these artists are on the same mission with these particular songs...it’s all in the searching and in the finding of their inner Primo.

I gave a speech recently and I stated that motivation and inspiration has been around since the beginning of time. I went on to say how awesome I thought it was that we can take practically the same words, rearrange them, set them to our own tone, speak them in our voice, and back them with our own stories and continue to motivate and inspire others over and over and over again. Frank, Nelly, Justin, Eminem they are all saying the same thing..more or less...it’s a beautiful thing!

Eminem asks you this...
Look, If you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted -One moment, would you capture it? Or just let it slip- yo
He goes on to say-
You better lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it , you better never let it go, you only get one shot…do not miss your chance to blow.
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo
Success is my only option
Failure’s not
So here I go with my shot
Feet fail me not
This may be the only opportunity that I got
You can do anything you set your mind to, man

So Poetic………Music to Primo’s ears!



Primo says “jump in with 2 feet, face things head on, persevere and defeat those things that challenge you! If he believes it, he will achieve it!”
*What were you determined to achieve and did ?
*Have you had a shot at something and missed it because of excuses, fear or self doubt?
*What is your greatest excuse for not achieving a huge goal or dream?
TODAY: Know that you can do anything you set your mind to –


Find out more about Tanya Primo-Jones and the Primo Spirit at Find Your Primo and In Search Of Primo.

No comments:

Post a Comment