Friday, March 25, 2011

William Shanter "F*** You"

I read this book to my kid, called "Olivia."

If you're not familiar with the series, Olivia is a precocious pig.

In one scene, Olivia is with her Mom at an art museum:

"But there is one painting Olivia just doesn't get. 'I could do that in about five minutes,' she says to her mother."


She's looking at a Jackson Pollock.

Yeah, to a kid, I'm sure what Jackson Pollock did seems like anyone could do it.

It's why people make fun of William Shatner's recording career. It doesn't seem like he's really doing anything that the average person couldn't do themselves.

But I maintain that, while seeming simplistic, what Pollock and Shatner do are so a product of their panache that, while you could mimic them, you could never reproduce it.

I mean, c'mon, this performance is ridiculous. But it's wonderfully ridiculous, and I can't really imagine anyone who could do this performance.


Thanks to my friend Teddy, for pointing me to this video. Note that it is uncensored and NSFW!

No comments:

Post a Comment