Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bob Dylan “On a Night Like This”

From time to time, I'm inviting other voices to contribute to Every Day I Write The Blog, to speak on their area of expertise. Here's the All Time Top 5 Songs Mentioning Coffee, written by Guest Blogger Alex Scofield of Coffee Hero . . .

Bob Dylan wrote and performed “One More Cup of Coffee,” but I still consider “On a Night Like This” to be his quintessential coffee song:

On a night like this
I’m so glad you came around
Hold on to me so tight
And heat up some coffee grounds

This is some true love for coffee. Dylan is going to spend the night with someone he loves. There’s much to talk about, and they’re going to brew up coffee for the long night ahead. Later on in the song, he says:

On a night like this
I can’t get any sleep

Further proof that Dylan was serious about getting caffeinated.

On a week like this, when the New Orleans Saints reached the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history, I would be remiss if I didn’t make the following confession – my introduction to this song was not the original, but rather Buckwheat Zydeco’s awesome cover. And, with all due respect for the original, and all due apologies to extreme Dylan fanatics, I kinda prefer Buckwheat’s version.








Alex Scofield
is a freelance writer who lives in Bourne, Mass. He is a contributor to CoffeeHero.com

No comments:

Post a Comment