Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Material Issue "Goin' Thru Your Purse"

My wife asked me to retrieve something from her purse.

"It's in the front pocket."

"I don't see it," I said, fishing through the front pocket.

"It's in the one right near the front."

And I realized that there was another compartment.

"I still don't see it."

"Right in front," she said.

And then I realized that there was another, even smaller compartment, closer to the front.

But I still couldn't find it.

"Nope."

"It's there."

"Wait a minute," I said.  "Found it."

It was in yet another compartment, hidden, that was inside the smaller compartment that I'd previously found.

Why is a pocketbook so complicated?

It made me think of both this Seth Myers "Weekend Update" joke, and of this Material Issue song.

See the video on NBC.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment