Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bare Jr "Song For Bobby's Ex"

Buried deep into the lineup page for Newport Folk, I found a little gem that I'm super excited about.

Waaaay at the bottom of the line-up page, on Saturday, there's a listing for Joe Fletcher's Nashville To Newport.  I enjoyed Fletcher's set last year, and so I was intrigued by this posting.

This year, they let Fletcher curate a whole stage---the indoor room in the Museum Of Yachting.  And he's bringing in a number of his Rhode Island friends, and a number of his Nashville friends, to play sets.

And there, in very small print, I saw the name Bobby Bare Jr.

I loved the debut Bare Jr. record called "Boo-tay."  And I was thinking about it recently, when I was trying to come up with a Hot Seat about hidden tracks.

One of my favorite hidden tracks on a CD ever, is on "Boo-tay."  I don't want to say too much about it, because what I love about it is the comical way it's delivered.  As well as the realness of the part the precedes the song.

So check out the hidden track, turn up the volume for the beginning (but put on headphones, because it's NSFW) and don't miss Bare's hidden set at Newport Folk on Saturday.

Bobby Bare Jr performs this weekend at the Newport Folk Festival.  For artist previews and mvyradio's Newport Folk Channel, visit the mvyradio Bloggers page.  And hear full coverage of the Festival, with live sets from the stage, on mvyradio.com.


Hear the song on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment