Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baccara "Yes Sir I Can Boogie"

Barbara and I were doing some research, ahead of our coverage of the Falmouth Christmas parade.

Her very wise plan this year, was to have some interesting Christmas music facts on hand, so that we wouldn't be stumbling through the dead spaces in the parade, live on the radio.

I learned the moderately interesting piece of trivia, that only 3 songs have ever sold more that 30 million copies worldwide, and two of them are Christmas songs by Bing Crosby (the third is "Candle In The Wind" by Elton John).

That was part of a list, still pretty exclusive, of the handful of songs that have sold over 10 million copies.

You know, if you sell over 10 million copies of your song, you'd have to be pretty ubiquitous/general knowledge-y, right?

How could there be EIGHTEEN MILLION copies out there, of this song, and somehow I'm hearing it for the first time right now.

Do you know this one?


Hear the song on Youtube.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I remember it well. A huge hit in the UK where I grew up. As I recall, they had another hit with "Sorry I'm A Lady" which follows quite a similar formula. I saw a tour poster for them a few years ago so they're still out there doing their stuff, although I suspect at least one of the ladies is not from the original line-up.

    ReplyDelete