Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Feist "1, 2, 3, 4"

Yesterday I started a week's worth of posts, playing a game I've titled:

The Incredible Imaginary Freaky Friday Cover Tune Switcheroo!

And today I have a match up that I'm on the fence about. Could be good. Could be a disaster. I guess it's all up to your imagination.

(For a review of how to play, see yesterday's post)

Today's songs:

Feist "1, 2, 3, 4" and Gloria Estefan And The Miami Sound Machine "1, 2, 3, 4"

I know what you're saying. "Feist and Gloria Estefan! Together at last!"

So go ahead and try it. (Listen to the originals below, if you need a refresher on how they sound)

For Feist, I imagine that she could do Gloria's song in the same trappings of her Modern Rock/crossover hit. Somewhat spare start, choir in the background, sing-songy delivery, with emphasis on the first syllables "One Two Three Four, COME-on BAY-by, SAY you-love-me. Five Six Seven times. Eight Nine Ten Eleven, I'M-just-gonna-keep-on COUNT-ing, till-your-mine." And on the "mine" she'd go UP with her voice, singing "my-EE-EEEN!"

Gloria Estefan would probably want to work in her own milieu too. So you'll have to imagine your own swift Latin beat, as she rapid-fire delivers (with double-tracked vocals) "One Two Three Four, Tell me that you love me more." Really, she could probably do the Feist lyrics over the original Sound Machine track.

Cool? Or Horrifying?


See Feist on Youtube.


See Gloria Estefan on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment