Saturday, July 30, 2011

Delta Spirit "Golden State"

Here's a funny small world music biz story, some chit-chat to while away the hours before the Folk Festival starts.

Delta Spirit is on the bill today. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

I was introduced to the band by Paul Langton, who is their record label rep at Rounder Records (of Burlington, MA!!).

When this song came out, Paul sent me a link to the music video, which feature footage shot right in Boston (among other places).


See the video on Youtube.

Not long after mvyradio started playing the song, I was talking to one of the Moms at my daughter's pre-school. She told me she had heard the song on mvyradio, and couldn't believe it---it was the tune her husband had been working on.

He is a filmmaker, and he and his partner had recently shot the "Golden State" video.

Small world!

At the next pre-school get together, I asked him, "How did you get the Delta Spirit video gig?"

"Well, my partner lives next door to," wait for it, "Paul Langton of Rounder Records."

Really small world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment