Monday, October 4, 2010

The Allman Brothers Band “Pony Boy”

Craig Sherman used to drive me nuts.

He was the mvyradio overnight DJ, in the early 2000s. He was (and still is) a good friend. And he was/is very creative/silly/uninhibited.

He’d get off the air at 5:20am, and turn things over to me. In those days, I was the morning DJ.

But every morning at 5:20am, he’d end his shift with the “PJ Finn Fact Of The Day.” Which was always entirely made up.

He’d say things like:

PJ’s nickname in college was “Pony Boy.”

Or "PJ won Winnepesaukee's Best Dancer three years in a row between 1997 and 99, and had tried for the millennium but lost to some kid from Keene."

Craig and I were at a party once, and a woman, hearing that I was PJ from mvy, approached me.

“I hear you love macrame! So do I!”

I just turned to him and said, “Thanks, Craig.”


Here's Craig, in one of his own Youtube videos:







(All Youtube music videos should be this awesome)

1 comment: