Thursday, February 14, 2013

Gillian Welch "Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor"

When leaving my house on the Friday morning of the Blizzard, I was kissing my wife and kids goodbye as I do every morning, but I was also explaining to the kids that I would probably be gone overnight, due to the storm.

Before walking about the door, my daughter screamed, "WAIT DADDY!!!"

She disappeared down the hall and moments later re-appeared with a big white ball of fuzz.

"I want you to take this with you, so you have something to remember me by."

Let it be know that the Blizzard Of 2013 is when I knew for certain that my daughter would one day win the Oscar for drama.  And I expect that her acceptance speech will include a mention of her Dad, and the Unicorn pillow she made me take to work.


At the end of the night, I pulled a couple of cushions off the soft chairs from the mvyradio lobby, GM Greg had brought in a blanket and a comforter, and I took the unicorn pillow off the record player, and rested my weary head upon it.  That pile of fluff in the foreground of the On Air studio, was my bed for the night.

I don't know if you've ever had the experience, but it is pretty funny to be the only person at your workplace, and to have your workplace become your home for a day.  I made sure to make myself comfortable, hanging out the next morning in my pajamas.


The only drawback to studio life, was the very, very small coffee pot.  I mean, look at the pot, next to a normal sized mug?!?



Hear the song on Youtube.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being so devoted to your millions of listeners worldwide, PJ!

    ReplyDelete