Monday, October 29, 2012

The Hollies "Sandy"

My daughter overheard my wife and I talking about the storm and she wanted to chip in.

She was concerned about the storm being "big" and she had heard from kids at school, that the storm was going to be sandy.

My wife and I scratched our heads for a moment, before figuring out the mangled meteorology.

I explain that the storm wasn't going to be sandy---it wasn't going to be a sand storm---the storm was named Sandy.

This caused my (almost)-five-year-old to give me that look and accompanying smile, that says, "Are you pulling my leg?"

Yeah, to a five year old (and now to a 43 year old), it does sound like a joke that we name storms with people names.

Anyway, now that you are likely in the thick of Sandy (but hey, if you are reading this, you've still got power!), perhaps you are looking for some "Sandy" songs.

Yes, of course you can play storm songs and hurricane songs, too ("Riders On The Storm" and "Like A Hurricane" always work), but here are a few "Sandy" songs.  Did you know The Hollies covered Springsteen?

I'm not sure any of these songs really sound like a storm, but have at it . . .


Hear "Sandy" by The Hollies on Youtube.


Hear "Sandy" from Grease on Youtube.



Hear Eartha Kitt's "Sandy's Tune" on Youtube.


Hear Dolly Parton's "Sandy's Song" on Youtube.


Hear "Hey Sandy" by Polaris on Youtube.


Hear "Sandy" by Ronny And The Daytonas on Youtube.


Hear Dion sing "Sandy" on Youtube.


Hear "Sandy" by The Carpenters on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment