Monday, January 17, 2011

Collective Soul "December"

Lyrics are kind of a Rorschach Test.

How you interpret the lyrics is often an insight to what is on your mind.

This Collective Soul song was out at about the same time my radio station was playing another alterna-hit, Poe's "Trigger Happy Jack."

To my roommate, I pointed out what I thought was a thematic similarity between the two songs and remarked that it was surprising that two mainstream tunes would so casually mention this subject.

The roommate remarked that my interpretation might only be symptomatic of what was on my young mind.

You tell me.

Do the 2nd and 4th lines of the chorus of "December" and the third stanza of "Trigger Happy Jack" suggest anything to you?

Or do I just have a dirty mind?





No comments:

Post a Comment