Monday, August 9, 2010

Martin Sexton "Boom Sh-Boom"

As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't come right out and ask her about her sex life. It just seemed to personal.

Martin Sexton was in the mvyradio On-Air studio, being interviewed by Barbara. I was in the lobby talking to Martin's manager, who is also his wife.

It was on my mind, to ask the question, but I just couldn't do it. Instead we talked about dogs and our children and the Vineyard and such.

Meanwhile, Martin was on the air, giving explicit details of his personal life, to Barbara and the listening audience.

"We did the Boom Sh-Boom, the doo wah ditty,
The mocha choco latte and the nitty gritty.
We did the hoochie coo, the laser ballerina,
Babe you make me feel like I'm a california dreamer, yeah."

It's a fun little ditty about meeting, connecting with and doing "the haystack tumble" with his wife.

I'm always curious what it's like to be the subject of an artist's song. If your spouse writes a tune about your love, or your fights, or your personal anything, and it becomes part of their show, is it weird for the world to hear the details of your life?

I wanted to ask Martin's wife if it felt strange to have the story of their relationship, and the details of what solidifies it, going out over the radio waves.

But I just couldn't come right out and start talking about her sex life. It just seemed to personal.



2 comments:

  1. I think about asking her (and him) about this ALL THE TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Martin do this song for the first time at Infinity Hall with Dan Mackenzie on guitar. Best song by far imho on his new cd, Sugarcoating.

    What is there to know? They met, fell in love, got married and apparently have a great sex life and I say that is something to sing about! I for one, love it!

    ReplyDelete