Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Replacements “Customer”

All Time Top Five Songs Under 90 Seconds . . .

From time to time on Every Day I Write The Blog, I do a week’s worth of my five favorite songs on theme. For the All Time Top Five rules, see this previous post.


Oh, the horror of awkward adolescence.

I was looking at the lyrics to this song, and I had to just stop. I closed the browser. Because my mind kept going back to those painful teenage crush years, where you would literally do what Paul Westerberg is singing about---go into a store and ask random, unnecessary questions to the cute girl behind the counter, not realizing how much you stank of desperate infatuation.

Why did you think that asking “What's on sale?” was somehow going to lead to a date?

Thank heavens your teenage years only last a couple of decades . . .



See some classic Replacements footage here.

Buy the album, here

No comments:

Post a Comment