Friday, November 20, 2009

Bob Dylan “Must Be Santa”

I try to enforce a rule with my family:

There will be no discussion of Christmas, until after Thanksgiving.


But fighting the ever-lengthening holiday season is like fighting the tide, and inevitably, someone breaks that rule.

So why not me? And why not for the best reason possible?

Please enjoy the most bizarre, insane, jaw-droppingly improbable music video one could never suspect has sprung from the mind of Bob Dylan.

I mean, it was already a test of my suspension of disbelief, to think that Dylan was doing a Christmas album.

I checked my pupils for flashback-related dilation, when I actually heard the record, where Bob has thrown himself, wheezy voice and all, into Mitch Miller sing-a-long trappings.

But we’ve entered full-on, Matrix-level, altered reality on this one.

See it. Just see it. And make sure you listen long enough to hear Bob name Santa’s reindeer.



If you want to see it slightly larger, click here.

Track through samples of the album, to hear that I am not exaggerating.



Then buy “Christmas In The Heart” because Dylan is donating all the proceeds to feed hungry families in the U.S. and abroad.

Then ask yourself, “If I can believe in what just happened, is the idea of Santa really that far-fetched?”

1 comment:

  1. PJ -
    Just keep telling yourself, "Its for charity". I know it is dreadful but its still Bob. Or is it an strange amalgam of Bob and Tom Waits? Open up Youtube and watch the "Gotta Serve somebody" video - you'll feel better. I know I did.
    - Teddy

    ReplyDelete