Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Will Hoge "Even If It Breaks Your Heart"

I saw Will Hoge at an artist showcase a few years ago, and his performance was confident and stirring, and I thought to myself, okay, I'll keep an ear out for this guy.

Keeping an ear out is part of the whole job. Putting on a great show, doesn't mean you can make a great record. And a lot of the time, seeing a promising artist really means that I'll be following their coming records, to see how the young artist matures.

So what do you make of the new Will Hoge track? He's continuing to put out strong songs, but every week when we look at what we might add to rotation at mvyradio, he always seems to be last cut.

Should he make the cut?

See this previous post, for details on how a song gets into rotation on mvyradio, then let me know what you think.

Hear a sample of Will Hoge's "Even If It Breaks Your Heart"

See Will and his band perform on TV, here

1 comment:

  1. What a great song! I'd say that "Even If It Breaks Your Heart" easily meets your criteria. It has some of the same great qualities as good "classic rock," but with a modern twist. And I think it'd flow seemlessly from The Boss to Will Hoge to 10,000 Maniacs.

    ReplyDelete